As a content writer, I should be vehemently opposed to any sort of AI copywriting solution. These are basically robots trying to replace me.
However, as I’ve written more and more, I’ve looked for ways to speed up my writing process. One of the ways I’ve done this is with AI copywriting software. I don’t rely on these tools to write entire blog posts or articles, but they can be helpful for structuring your content.
Read More: How to Write for the Internet in 2022
Many of the AI writing tools I mention in this post allow you to type in the keyword you want to target and the tool will generate an outline for you. I like using these tools to create the headings for my articles and then I’ll write the copy for each section myself.
If your goal is to get traffic to your content from organic search, having headings is crucial for giving both people and search engines an understanding of what your page is about.
My Top Picks:
Best for SEO and direct response copywriting. Great for scaling your content production quickly.
- Library of content templates
- Content Improver tool to revamp existing content
- Starter: $24+ /month
- Boss Mode: $49+ /month
Best for short form social content for Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Tone Changer function
- Blog idea generator
- Very easy-to-use interface
- 2000 words /month: Free
- Pro: $49+ /month
Why Surfer SEO?
Best for SEO content like blog posts and landing pages.
- SEO Content Writing tool
- SEO-friendly writing templates
Surfer SEO Pricing
- Basic: $49 /month
- Pro: $99 /month
- Business: $199 /month
Best AI Copywriting Software for Copywriters and Marketers
Jasper is an AI writing assistant that can help you with a number of copywriting and content marketing needs.
Jasper can help you:
- Create high-quality, plagiarism-free SEO content
- Write or improve your existing ad copy
- Speed up your initial writing process
- Work past writers block with blog idea generator
- Create content in 25+ different languages
- Scale your marketing by repurposing existing content
Copy.ai is an AI-powered copywriter that generates high-quality copy for your business. Choose from emails, social posts, long-form blog posts, and a number of other types of content.
Copy.ai can help you:
- Generate high-quality blog posts in a matter of minutes
- Scale your content efforts by creating content briefs quickly
- Write briefs, outlines and content drafts in minutes.
- Rewrite existing content to repurpose for social media
- Brainstorm content ideas
- Write high-converting email marketing copy
Surfer is a tool designed to help SEO-optimize written content, like blog posts and articles. Surfer leverages the power of A.I. to improve your existing and new content. It works by analyzing the content of a page against “500+ on-page” signals. It also has a built-in keyword research tool.
Surfer SEO can help you:
- Create content that ranks well on Google
- Create a comprehensive content strategy
- Build article outlines quickly and easily
- Determine the ideal characteristics (e.g. word count, article structure, image count) of your content for maximum ranking potential
Copysmith.ai is an AI copywriting tool that can help you create high-converting ads, product descriptions, email copy, and a number of other content types. Copysmith can help you move past writers block by generating more content ideas and topics based on your industry and target audience.
Copysmith can help you:
- Write better product descriptions
- Enhance your existing content
- Write high-converting ad copy for online ad creative
- Create blogs quicker with content templates
- Brainstorm new content types and topics
Rytr is an AI writing assistant that helps you create high-quality content, in just a few seconds, at a fraction of the cost of freelancers or in-house writers.
Rytr can help you:
- Generate great content for tons of use cases
- Organize your content with templates
- Portray the right emotion with 20+ tones of voice to choose from
- Leverage proven, effective copywriting formulas
- Optimize content on any platform with the Rytr browser extension
What are the Benefits of Using AI Copywriting Software?
- Avoid Writer’s Block: AI writing tools can help you come up with ideas to write about and can help you organize your posts quickly.
- Create High-Quality Content Quickly: If you have an idea for what you want to write about, you’ll be able to leverage the AI to expand on those thoughts to write faster
- Scale Your Content Production: Once you start using AI writing tools, you can publish more content more quickly.
- Save Money on Content Costs: If you’re outsourcing your content to freelancers, you can write outlines much faster and maybe skip the freelancers completely with A.I. copywriting tools.
- Support for Multiple Languages: If you’re publishing landing pages for users in different languages, you can use these AI tools to translate your content.
FAQs About AI Writing Tools
What is AI Content Writing?
AI content writing is an emerging technology that uses artificial intelligence to generate content. It is often used by digital agencies and companies that need a lot of content for their clients or for their own company.
Is AI Writing Free?
AI writing pricing varies from one tool to the next. There are many tools that offer either free trials or free versions with monthly word count limits. There are also more powerful, feature-rich tools that cost $200+ per month.
What Are Some Use Cases for AI Writing Software?
- Short Form Google Ad Copy
- Facebook Ad Copy
- Email Marketing Subject Lines
- Blog Content Writing
- Brainstorming and Topic Generation
- Create SEO-friendly Content
- Translate Your Content to Other Languages
- Scale Your Content Marketing Efforts
How Do AI Writing Tools Work?
Most AI writing tools use an autoregressive language model. This means the model uses the preceding sequence of words to predict and write the following string of words.
The primary model that most AI writers use is called OpenAI GPT-3. GPT-3 is Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3.
Is AI Going to Replace Content Writers?
My answer is: we’ll see. I’d say with the current state of AI writing tools, content writers will still have a job for many more years. However, content writers who learn to leverage AI tools will be able to get far better results than those who ignore these tools.
AI writing tools are not able to write entire blog posts that are well-written and high-value. Content writers need to be able to write great posts and package the content in a way that readers love to read.